Hosting events in Anchorage is a no-brainer, as many say a trip to Alaska is a bucket list destination. Anchorage has many venues to choose from and your attendees can enjoy a mini vacation as part of their conference experience. It’s unique blend of natural wonders and urban sophistication makes it an outstanding place for hosting events of all kinds. Its residents are also no strangers to seeing wildlife. The occasional moose sauntering down the middle of the road, or a bald eagle flying overhead are all too common. With over 130 miles of ski trails within the city from one end to the other, and all just right outside the city center. Hosting your event here gives your guests a unique experience that they will remember for a lifetime.
Here are our top 5 reasons why Anchorage and Alaska should be considered when choosing your next event location:
- Scenic beauty: Alaska is known for its stunning natural landscapes, including glaciers, mountains, lakes, and wildlife. These beautiful backdrops can provide a unique and unforgettable setting for events.
- Outdoor recreation: Alaska’s abundance of outdoor activities, such as hiking, skiing, kayaking, and fishing, can be incorporated into events to create an exciting and adventurous experience for attendees. Excursions can be included as an add-on to your conference experience, or offered as a way of extending a trip’s visit pre or post-event.
- Cultural diversity: Anchorage is ranked as one of the most culturally diverse cities in the nation. This mix of Native Alaskan, American, and international cultures means that no matter where you are from you’ll fit in. All of these cultures also contribute to the food, art, and music scene here. There are so many ways to experience these cultures, and bringing aspects of them into your event, such as a traditional native dance performance, can only add to the value and help make it memorable for your attendees.
- Modern infrastructure: Despite its rugged wilderness reputation, Anchorage has modern infrastructure, including an international airport, convention centers, hotels, and restaurants, that can support events of all sizes and types. Add in international cuisine, plentiful transportation options, access to leisure activities like gyms, spas, shopping, theaters, and more, and you will see Anchorage for the metropolitan city it is.
- Professional support: Anchorage has a strong event industry that includes event planners, vendors, and support services. These professionals can provide expertise, resources, and logistical support to ensure events run smoothly. And while navigating this can sometimes seem daunting, Toast of the Town has our finger on the pulse of all things events in the city.
Overall, Anchorage’s unique combination of natural beauty, cultural diversity, modern amenities, and professional and community support make it a great place for hosting events. Whether it’s a conference, banquet, retreat, festival, concert, or sporting event, Alaska can provide an unforgettable experience for attendees to enjoy.
Looking for more ideas for engaging and impactful events to excite your attendees? Give us a call anytime, and when ready to start planning your next conference or event.