Alaska, with its pristine landscapes and untouched wilderness, offers a plethora of natural wonders to explore. Among these treasures are the enchanting hot springs scattered throughout the state. Nestled amidst breathtaking views, Alaskan hot springs provide a serene retreat for those seeking relaxation, rejuvenation, and a deeper connection to be one with nature. Discover five of the most remarkable hot springs/spas in Alaska, each with its unique charm and therapeutic qualities
1. Chena Hot Springs Resort: Located near Fairbanks, Chena Hot Springs Resort is a popular destination for relaxation and rejuvenation. It features natural hot springs that are rich in minerals, known for their therapeutic properties. The resort offers various spa treatments, including massages, facials, and body wraps, as well as access to their hot springs pools. Chena Hot Springs maintain a temperature of about 106℉ and a depth of about four feet throughout the entire year.
2. Alyeska Resort Spa-The Nordic Spa: Situated in Girdwood, Alyeska Resort Spa is known for its stunning views of the surrounding mountains and glaciers. The spa offers a range of treatments inspired by Alaskan nature, such as herbal wraps, glacial facials, and hot stone massages. It also features a heated saltwater pool, steam rooms, and saunas. This one of a kind spa experience is located in the northernmost rainforest.
3. Juneau Hot Springs: Located in the Tongass National Forest near Juneau, these natural hot springs provide a tranquil and serene setting for relaxation. The pools are nestled in a beautiful forested area, offering visitors a chance to soak in the warm mineral-rich waters while surrounded by nature.
4. Hot Springs Bay: Accessible only by boat or seaplane, Hot Springs Bay is located in the Admiralty Island National Monument and offers a unique and remote hot springs experience. The natural hot springs cascade down a hillside, creating several pools of varying temperatures. Visitors can enjoy soaking in the pools while taking in the breathtaking wilderness of Alaska.
5. Baranof Warm Springs: Located in the remote Baranof Island, Baranof Warm Springs is a hidden gem that can be reached by boat or floatplane. The natural hot springs are nestled in a picturesque setting, surrounded by lush rainforests and cascading waterfalls. Visitors can enjoy a dip in the hot springs pools and explore the nearby hiking trails for a complete retreat experience.