The tradition of the party host giving the perfect New Year’s Eve toast has been one that has carried on for hundreds of years. You may be considering what to say this upcoming holiday to all of your friends and family that gather to ring in the new year. To help ignite inspiration we thought we would share with you some of history’s most memorable New Year’s Eve toasts.
- “Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language, and next year’s words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning.” — T.S. Eliot
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.” — Dr. Suess
- “Ring out the old, ring in the new, Ring, happy bells, across the snow: The year is going, let him go; ring out the false, ring in the true.” — Alfred Lord Tennyson
- “We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise we harden.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “In victory, you deserve Champagne, in defeat, you need it.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
“Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” — Helen Keller
- “There comes a time in every woman’s life when the only thing that helps is a glass of Champagne.” — Bette Davis
- “Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.” — Ernest Hemingway
- “Take everything in moderation, including moderation.” — Oscar Wilde
- “Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Each age has deemed the new-born year the fittest time for festal cheer.” — Sir Walter Scott
- “Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow Creeps in this petty pace from day to day.” — William Shakespeare
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — C.S. Lewis
- “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” — Frank Sinatra
Wishing you the Happiest of New Year from the Toast of the Town team!
As always if you are looking for help with your next event support is just a CLICK away.